Information for Students
Which Schools Participate?
Accredited law schools in the National Association for Law Placement (NALP) southeastern region are automatically invited to participate in this fair. NALP defines the southeastern region as Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia.
Law schools outside the southeast may be considered on a case by case basis. If you are interested in participating in the fair, contact the SIPJF administrator.
Eligible schools will receive email invitations with instructions. Your law school may choose to pay student registration fees for its participating students.
The law school registration period takes place before all other group registration, so employer lists cannot be released for review in advance. The registration fee of $120 is nonrefundable, regardless of the number of your students who choose to participate.
What Happens After My School Registers?
- Employer list will be distributed to registered law schools after employer registration closes.
- Students review the participating employers list and decide if they would like to participate.
- Students must register online and pay fees with a credit card or indicate that their law school will pay their fees, if applicable.
- Once fees have been paid, students will register in SIPJF Symplicity and submit resumes to their preferred employers.
- Monday, March 3-Friday, April 4: Law school registration period
- Thursday, April 29: Schools receive SIPJF packet containing participating employers list, Student Registration Forms and other materials.
- Wednesday, April 30: Students preview employers
- Wednesday, May 21: Student registration deadline
- Thursday, May 22-Thursday, June 5: Student bidding period
- Monday, June 30-Monday, July 7: Student interview accept/decline period
|Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
Alston & Bird LLP
Arnold & Porter LLP
AT&T Intellectual Property
Baker Botts LLP
Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz PC
Cantor Colburn LLP
Darby & Darby PC
Dority & Manning PA
Duane Morris LLP
Fish & Richardson PC
Foley & Lardner LLP
Hall Booth Smith PC
Hill Kertscher & Wharton LLP
Hunton & Williams LLP
|Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
King & Spalding LLP
Mayer Brown LLP
Merchant & Gould
Moore & Van Allen PLLC
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
Morris, Manning and Martin LLP
Myers Bigel Sibley and Sajovec PA
The Needle & Rosenberg
IP Practice of Ballard Spahr
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough
Oliff & Berridge PLC
Patterson & Sheridan LLP
Robins, Kaplan, Miller, & Ciresi LLP
Smith Risley Tempel Santos LLC
Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox PLLC
Sughrue & Mion PLLC
Thomas Horstemeyer LLP
Troutman Sanders LLP
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Womble Carlyle PLLC
Woodcock Washburn LLP